Thursday, November 8, 2007

What will Sunday Bring?

Last Sunday was a bust. 0-2 for picks. Trying to help Coca Cola / Yankee Doodle, I didn't have enough to manage thee win for Coke. Don's Auto played a great game and scored the only goal in the shootout to get the "W". Team #4 has done it! Practice, practice, practice & a bot of luck gets them their first victory of the season. An 8-5 win over Waste Management has the momentum going their way. "We're going 8-0 in our next games" stated captain Wermers.

So Wednesday gets me a 2-1 record with Alien Joe & Irwins winning, and somehow Alien Mike pulls out a win to ruin the 3-0 record I hoped for.

Sunday's matchup:
Don's Auto Vs. Team #4
Everything on paper & all common sense should have me pick Don's Auto, however, since they beat Coke last week with me playing, I'm mad and don't like them right now. Oh sure, they've got Brad, Sergiy & Sergey, Ilya & Bart, but you throw Day, The Kleven's & Rech into the mix and they'll put enough on net to pull this one out. My upset lock of the week.

Coca Cola / Yankee Doodle Dandy Tattoo Vs. Waste Management
With a fresh set of steel on Ross's skates, Wolf & Wehrenberg back in the line up (and me out), I see WM getting very sleepy during the 2nd where Coke turns it up a notch .....BAM and wins this.

Sunday D League
Alien Hockey Vs. Cup O Kryptonite
The start of a 4 team season in D League has a clean slate for every team. These first games are a coin toss, but I still know I can get them right. Although I do buy my boys comics at the Cup, I gotta go with my own backyard in game #1 and Take Alien to win.

11 to 7 Insurance Vs. Team Miller
Newly formed Team Miller is out to an inaugural season, but will not win week #1. 11 to 7 starts out 1-0 and on its way to the Trainer Cup Championship.

Favorite Spread Underdog
Team #4 +1 Don's Auto
Coke +3 Waste Management
ALien Hockey +2 Kryptonite
11 to 7 +3 Team Miller

Good Luck!

No comments: