Thursday, November 8, 2007

Team Wins, Joe Loses

What should have been a joyous locker room last night turned out to be a somber one. Alien Joe won the game in one of the best and hardest played games seen in a long time. Alien had the upper hand in the 1st & 2nd period, but in typical Alien fasion let down their guard in the 3rd.

Bearings Group was a determined team in the 3rd period and came to prove that they deserve the win. As Alien Tried to protect a 1 goal lead for awhile, Bearings found a way to tie it up. As I scored the next goal to take the lead, we all decided to step it up and finish strong, As Bishop walked down the bench, he proceded to physically slap each one of us across the face with his bare hand. Although we thought that was uncalled for, the sting on our cheeks were a reminder to leave it all on the ice.

As the buzzer sounded for the finish, our team celebrated like it was a Game 7. I on the other hand slammed my stick to the ice and puted about not getting my hat trick. As we replayed the game in the locker room, I kept questioning my teammates as to why they didn't get me the puck more. Did they not know I needed to score? Sure Topliff set up Bishop for a nice goal, but where was mine?

As the team kept their distance, I dumped the garbage can onto the floor and kicked it all around. The team just left me alone as they exited one at a time stating "good game". Yeah good game for Blaine who earned the win. Good game for Fascian with his 2 goals...but does anyone care about my hat trick? No.

As I was the last to leave the trash strewn locker room, kicking the door open as I exited, I realized I checked out the key with my license. Icing on the cake as I was left alone to clean it all up.

Thanks to all my selfish teammates...I almost wish Nate was supposed to ref a game and missed again so we would lose by forfeit..that'll teach 'em!

No comments: