Friday, November 16, 2007

No Ice? Get Wheels.

As I was bored last week with nothing to do, I thought what else could I get involved with? I figured that I didn't have enough hockey in my life, so I knew it should be a hockey-related activity.

My son, Antonio, plays ice & roller hockey. He was on a team that was coached my Mark Muse earlier this year that went to a National Tourney in Colorado and they won the 8 & Under Nationals.

Tim Close is the father of Connor Close who also played on this 8 & Under Team. Tim plays on the Alien Team on Wednesdays and mentioned there was a C Level Inline League forming. He decided to play and after much arm twisting, he got me on board as well. We had our first game last night and won by 2. It was a great time (although it was a bit more difficult to stop).

Currently there are only 3 C League Teams, so I am making it a goal to get a 4th team. Its not too late and he will restructure the schedule once we have enough for 4 teams. They play on Tues, Thurs & Sundays (You don't play every one of those, just rotates). Its 4 on 4, hockey with no icing, offsides and plenty of ice...ummm floor time. Games are played at Skate West (on Grand Ave) and league fee is $100.

If you are interested, please let me know. We can accomodate players who want to stick together as well. Call if you want more details.

No comments: