Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Pick, Play & Party

On Thursday morning, I get on a plane to educate myself on new & innovative hockey products that will be coming soon. Detroit is the home of this year's hockey trade show and you may think that 3 days of nothing but seeing the latest & greatest hockey gear is a ton of fun...well you'd be right.

To answer your questions now, Yes, we will see the new heated skate blades, Yes, there will be lighter than ever sticks & skates, and No, I will not bring back free samples to give out.

More importantly, I need to make my picks for this Wednesday (oh look at the time, it is Wed). Last week on Wednesday, I went 2-1. Although the 2nd game was a forfeit loss for Alien Joe, I still picked the winner correctly.

Game #1
Bearings Group Vs. Alien Joe
After scoring a hat trick in last Wednesday's game, then following it up with another hat trick on Sunday for Coca Cola/YDD, I am going for the threepeat. It is called a Hat trick Hat Trick when you have 3 games in a row of hat tricks. Bearings is on the decline and with Topliff back in the line up, the offense is back! Alien Joe by 2.

Game #2
Alien Mike Vs. Legends
Legends & ALien Mike both coming into this game with a loss in last weeks game each have something to prove. I see this as the "downer" game of the week with no energy or excitement. I'm sure the players that stay to watch this game will see "paint drying" as Legends beats Alien Mike by a score of 1-0 (Shane lets in a softy with 20 seconds left).

Game #3
Irwins Vs. Plaza Printers
Going to step out on a big unstable and broken limb here, but Irwins wins this one in a stunner. Today they click as a team and put the pressure on. Scoring will come from a variety of players, while Plaza struggles to keep up. Irwins by 3.

I'll do the Sunday picks from Detroit, just don't know if it will be prior to the Red Wings / Columbus game I'm attending or my dinner with my boy, Eminem on 3 Mile.

Gotta go and clean out my closet.....

No comments: