Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Joe in Net? Not so good.

Last Friday, I suited up in net for the D League Game at Wells Fargo. The event went off great at both teams skated hard and had a good time. My performance on the other hand, was less than desired and I let my team down.

My confidence was sky high after holding on to a 2-1 lead over Shane, but after they scored 3 straight on me, I knew I did not belong in net. An empty net goal made the final score 5-2, but don't let that fool you as the score should have been closer if not for my pathetic showing.

Either way, great time and exposure for the D League as we had over 150 tickets sold to the Stars game that night and hopefully exposed some newcomers to the sport!

1 comment:

Natalia said...

I for one thought Joe did great in net. I know that he could have stopped the beach ball...LOL He did forget to mention that I scored my 1st goal of the season. It was a momentous occasion for me. (Against Shane - I had a nice back handed lift that went over the leg pad, also a first - the back handed lift part, that is. Hi Shane- thanks for letting one in for me.)