Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The End.......and Thanks

It is a sad day to make the official announcement that we are closing Alien Hockey.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of the friends, customers & teammates we have come to know and will continue to have.

Some unfortunate circumstances have caused us to make a smart business decision and move on to other things that will be better for our family.

We will continue to be involved in all areas of hockey. Coaching, playing, organizing, instructing, etc. have become a part of our life and will continue. My plan is to keep the website & blog going as a way to keep the hockey community informed & entertained.

Many have already expressed their sadness about our closing and although we are upset as well, we have already accepted it and are ready to move on. I am a believer that things happen for a reason and some time down the road, another opportunity to reopen may occur. We have done too much to help the growth of hockey at all levels to not be hopeful of a future opportunity.

At this time, we will start the closing process by looking to sell off our inventory. All our inventory is marked down 30% from our already low prices. We hope (and encourage) all of our customers to come take advantage of some great prices. It will be a huge help to me to get this merchandise moved. Some have expressed that they feel bad getting items from me at a discount as its a way of benefiting from our loss. Please do NOT feel this way. We need to move this inventory, so you can help by picking up that stick you've been contemplating, equipment for growing kids, etc.

I am announcing this on my blog first. I will have an email sent out to all of youth hockey in the next 2 days, but wanted to give my loyal blog followers an opportunity to get a first look at items we have.

We plan on keeping our sharpener & skate oven. We are in the process of securing a location to still provide these services. If you have remaining sharpens on your account, we have converted this to store credit for you.

Again, thank you for your support of our store, my blog & hockey. We hope we added something to your hockey life.

Joe & Natalia

3 comments:

atrophic said...

So sorry to see you go guys, you'll surely be missed.

Will you be keeping the miniature shop inside the rink at all?

Lax Guy said...

Do you have an anticipated date? Will your hours stay the same until that date?
I wondered about a small shop in the rink as well. My heart goes out to you. It will definitely suck having to go somewhere else. Based on experiences I've had at other stores, the internet is looking good for my future...
My wife and I will be sad to see the store leave. You've done more for the local hockey scene than all other stores and the rinks combined. To say you will be missed is an understatement.

alienhockey said...

Thanks for the kind words.
We will not have the shop rink, but will continue to sharpen skates & keep our skate oven. We are in the process of finding a place to do that right now.
No set closing date, and hours will remain normal..for now. I will post if that changes. We'll still be actively involved with hockey, so it won't be that easy to get rid of us.
Thanks again guys!