Monday, April 28, 2008

Support Your Fellow Player

Hockey is a tough sport. Those that play know its not the easiest thing to pick up. It requires dedication. Only those truly committed to the sport continue to play, practice and improve.

Those parents that have kids who play understand this dedication as well. Its not as simple as throwing in a pair of soccer shoes into the car. Its equipment intensive. You need to arrive early and often times stay late.

I believe this dedication is also a loyalty. Being loyal to this grueling, time consuming sport has its rewards. The feeling of your first goal, a great defensive move or watching your child perfect a skill that they are working on for hours.

I notice this loyalty transfers to other aspects. My customers are loyal to our shop, to their families & to their work. So I believe we should be loyal to each other as well.

We already support each other by helping a fellow player with learning a skill. Carpooling kids to and from practice or tournaments. Sponsoring an adult league team. Or maybe just staying for an extra game and supporting other players. Why not support each other's business as well?

I am thankful everyday for the loyalty my customers show me. Whether its stopping by over lunch to chat (and bringing me food too), or paying a few extra dollars to buy from our shop versus shopping the Internet. I wanted to allow others to get in on this loyalty and create a network to help everyone who helps hockey.

A Business Directory has been created to allow those tied to hockey to promote their business. This link is on our main website and the links column of this blog. I encourage all hockey families to utilize this resource and support your hockey community.

If you would like to be added to this directory, please contact me via email - service@alienhockey.com. The only requirement is that you have some affiliation with hockey in Des Moines.

No comments: