Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Addition to Team

Through a missed training camp, long hold out, agent negotiations and a final agreement, I have been signed for the remainder of the season by the Coca Cola/Yankee Doodle Dandy Tattoo Sunday C Team.

Thanks to the great players of Coke/YDD and some great photo editing, you can see my joy as I am being presented my team jersey.

"I only hope I can bring to the team what Coke brings to millions of families across the world..great refreshment and enjoyment. I also hope to decorate the team as Yankee Doodle Dandy Tattoo decorates the fine citizens of Des Moines." stated me.

Seeing as how I have not played for several months outside of the recreational Chops League, and putting on a significant amount of weight (I think I'm topping out at 130 now), it may take several weeks to get into game shape.

The contract negotiated is very lucrative. I get 190 Hungarian Forint per game, my own locker room hook, the 6th line defensemen spot, 6 free tickets to each home game, a tattoo of Mickey Mouse holding a Red Lantern while riding on a Unicorn and a 2 litre bottle of Diet Coke.

My thanks to my teammates, agent & Mel Gibson.

No comments: