Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pork Chop Pick of the Week

Its been a roller coaster month and I need to apologize for not getting the Adult League Picks done. I know how many people depend on these to make their Vegas & off shore wagers, so to these players, I am truly sorry.

Now that I'm back from my world tour promoting the Iowa Chops, appropriately named the World Chop Tour, I can get back to the business at hand.

Alien Joe Vs. Bearings Group
What is wrong with the Alien Joe's? First we lose a superstar forward in Tony Ford due to him having a baby. Next, LeFleur has a baby and all of a sudden he can't produce for the team anymore. "I'm really tired" says Chris, "A new baby is alot of hard work." He should of thought about his team before he decided to start a family. Next, its bad enough we have the "other" Dylo on our team, but he shows up every other game. "I have to go camping", "I have to work late" or my favorite "Its a full moon and I like to star gaze" are just a few of Mark's excuses. So who does that leave us with? Lowell? Topliff? Blomquist & Brand? Great, couldn't they find an excuse not to come...it could help the team. Bearings on the other side is on a roll. With Mersberger back, Danielson playing like a man possessed and Ver Mulm orchestrating all of it, the team is set. Blickley & Brus are the pistons pushing this engine with all the other pieces working together. Bearings by 4.

Slapshot Vs. YDD/Coke
After a whipping of the gluteus maximus by Alien Joe last week, Whitaker is ready to take some revenge. Loverude & Koenig were not big fans of the extra celebration Alien Joe did as they ran up the score. "We only had 2 on the bench" proclaimed Giunta of Coke, "And Alien Joe had no mercy...even as I begged and pleaded." This does not fair well for Slapshot. They run into a train this week that cannot be stopped. Johnson & Fleming of Slapshot have each guaranteed a goal each, but will it be enough? Although Slapshot comes off a loss last week as well, the caffeinated crazies of Coke/YDD are unstoppable this week. Coke/YDD by 5.

Legends/Irwins Vs. MISF
MISF sees Alien Mike in the #2 spot and they want it bad. Kozak & Roberts both agree that Irwins/Legends this week is a small bump in the road. "They don't belong in our league" agreed Roberts & Kozak, "They should be in a newly created E League." Hewlett of MISF added, "I thought you had to know how to skate to play in this league?" This was directed at his nemesis Lenhard or the Irwins/Legends team. "I'll show him how I skate" responded Lenhard. "Its my dance moves from celebrating all the goals I'll have that he'll be watching." The Irwins/Legends has a crew of All-Stars. They took only the top caliber players from each teams winter crew to make an unbeatable team. Unfortunately, you cannot buy a championship here. MISF by 3

Alien Mike Vs. MP Security
This is the big one. Numero Uno versus the Deuce. An undefeated MP Security looks to take an even bigger lead in the standings, but will the powerful Alien Mike give them their first loss. I believe so. After all, you've got guys like McCallum who are gritty, tough nosed players that have no respect for the law. "I intentionally run red lights in front of the police" admitted McCallum, "They don't own me." Others such as Feathers, West, Rech (who happens to be a fire official) agreed. "I think other teams are afraid of the law" stated Mikey of Alien, "BUT I AM THE LAW!" Ok, easy Judge Dredd. I like Alien's chances here. Wermers of MP recently retired from the armed services has been playing pretty lazy as of late, so this weakness will be exploited and Alien Mike by 1.

No comments: