Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Resolutions



Quit smoking, lose weight, eat healthy......borrring. These are the same blah resolutions most people make that end up failing by January 15th. On the other hand, hockey players are not typical people. I took an opportunity to poll many of the players in the ABC League to find out what they plan on doing in 2010. Some were hockey related, others were not, but in the end, all were great improvements in each player's life.

Mikey Dylo - Get people to call me Miguelito

Mike Fascian - Buy a pair of skates and get rid of the Junior size 3s I've been wearing

Dan Bishop - Spend less than $6,000 on hockey gear this coming year

Aaron Clutts - Get rid of my pager and purchase a cell phone

Adam Lowell - Start smoking

Dane Maxwell - Start drinking Folgers coffee

Bill Goodman - Finally take the training wheels of my bike

Ryan Smiley - Make more C League games

Chad Beyer - Check with my wife PRIOR to making plans

Pete Anthan - Try and play in the A, B, C & D Leagues

Brook Current - Buy stock in companies that make cones

Richard Huyck - Allow my daughter to teach me how to shoot

Chris Hill - Legally change my first name to Cypress

Brian Gugat - Give Matt Johnson another chance to be my friend

Blaine Barker - Blame my defense less for the goals scored against me

Nick Sindelar - Get traded to Kryptonite

Tres Hewlett - Stay healthy for 20 minutes

Mike Bartak - Make the Des Moines Top 10 Most Wanted

Dave Gannon - Give up coffee

Rick Kavan - Upgrade from my Commodore 64 so I can read Joe's blog

Mark Battista - Reduce my playing time down to 49 minutes per game

Josh Feathers - Don't lose any teeth this year

Jim Kent - Quit embarrassing my team by not showing off my speed

Brian Hobbs - Retire

Scott Brueck - Try to stop complaining to refs for at least 1 shift

Tony Hansen - Quit falsifying my own goalie stats to make myself look better

Tim Lewis - Buy a pet monkey

Matt Whitaker - Take anger management classes & become a Democrat

Ron Ambrose - Upgrade to some new furniture

Caleb Harrelson - Take up figure skating

Mark Loverude - Finally learn how to fly

Natasha Kucherenki - Continue the streak of never missing a game

Lets support each other by making sure these players "stay the course" on the way to their goals. May the New Year bring joy to your family and a prosperous hockey season in 2010.

2 comments:

Tres said...

Yet another futile attempt to stay healthy begins January 6th!

alienhockey said...

just have a medical person on staff that day!