Friday, December 11, 2009

Come All Ye Faithful

During this festive holiday season, we should take a pause from our hectic hockey lives and treat ourselves & family to something wonderful. For example, a live professional production of a Christmas Carol is a wonderful idea!

Actually, I'm helping push this event put on by the Repertory Theater of Iowa since my kid is in the production (you guessed it...Tiny Tim).

Anyway, I'm not big into theater but after seeing a full run through of the show yesterday, it was great. The benefit of seeing this performance is the venue is a smaller theater at the Des Moines Social Club. Seating is set for approx 100 people per show so you are very close to the action where a place like Wells Fargo or Vets has you sitting far away from the action. That being said, the actors are all professionals and have done many other plays, commercials and films. See more details Here.

So if your family has been bugging you about playing too much hockey, here is your chance to say "I'd like to take my fine family to a holiday show." They will love you for it.

Did I mention alcohol is served at the performance?

For more info on the Des Moines Social Club, click here.

Sidenote: The role of Tiny Tim is being split between my son and another kid. Should you choose to see my kid (and maybe lucky enough to catch a glimpse of me), he performs on the following dates/times:

Friday, Dec 11th @ 7:30
Saturday, Dec 12th @ 7:30
Sunday, Dec 13th @ 2
Wednesday, Dec 16th @ 7:30
Friday, Dec 18th @ 7:30
Saturday, Dec 19th @ 2

1 comment:

John Earl Robinson said...

Thanks for linking!

-John Earl Robinson, RTI