Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Where's Superman?


Last week, I was a PERFECTO 3-0 on picks. A typical week for me as usual, but I'm not going to brag about it just yet.

This week's games are interesting match ups, but I have to start with the late game first.

Cup O' Kryptonite Vs. YDD Tattoo

This weekend was the first ever Pucks & Poker event, where those in attendance got plenty of ice time & an opportunity to show their poker face. Kryptonite's very own captain, Matt Johnson made an appearance in net and afterwards told me he actually hurt his ankle while going down the stairs at the arena. He said it was pretty swollen and would likely miss this Wednesday's game in order for it to heal. Didn't sound too far fetched, until I saw the picture to the right. Yes, you guessed it, Matt Johnson in disguise at a Superman Comic Convention in Argentina. This photo taken by my insiders was from the parade last night. Sorry Matt, the phony beard and leather studded gloves to hide the tattoos won't work on me. Your team loses tonight just for that! Tattoo by 2.

Puck Hawgs Vs. Red Alert

The Hawgs came off a bad beatdown last week, but are ready to roll this week. Team superstar, Mike Bartak of the Hags (pictured below) is already growing his playoff beard. "I know we're gonna make the playoffs, so I thought I'd prepare early" stated Bartak. "It takes some time for it to grow in just right." On the other side, you have a team that made the perfect YDD team get their first loss. This win had great rewards. Tony Hansen & the Battista Bros took a week long tour of Europe promoting their team's new book "1001 Great Hockey Plays", while the team's top cherry picker, Justin West graces the cover. I think Red Alert continues their streak and takes this in a close one. Alert by 1.
Irwins Vs Alien
The season opener had Alien win over Irwins 7-3. This match up offers a whole new look. With the blockbuster deal of Smiley going to Irwins (Kryptonite did not want to match the contract offer) and the addition of star defensemen, Jim Goeke, the Irwins team earned their first win last week. Alien brings 15 strong this Wed, and they also come off a big win last week. "They skate like baby eels in a bathtub of olive oil", professed Bishop of Alien so eloquently. To which team spokesmen, Scott Blomquist added, "We are drinking after the game tonight...right?" Irwins truly wants to take this to a 2 game winning streak, but can they do it against the Aliens....I believe so. Irwins by 2.

No comments: