Sunday, March 16, 2008

Championship on the Line

The Wednesday League Champs have been crowned and Team Legends awaits the winner of today's match up.

"I'd rather see Waste Management in the Championships" stated Anderson of Legends. "They beat me in the semi-finals as I tended net for Don's, so I want revenge!"

The underdog team of Waste Management edged out Don's last week but will not move on as I have predicted in my earlier blog entry.

Sunday D League
After a great turnout for the Alien Hockey Adult Clinic at Wells Fargo yesterday, the 4 D league teams are ready to implement their new skills and strategy.

Alien Hockey Vs. B & B
The trash talk was flying yesterday at the Stars Game. "No reason to show up to the game!" yelled Natalia of Alien to her nemesis Brian Hobbs of B & B. They sat a few rows apart at the game last night, which was a good thing for both parties. "I'm not 100%, but I'll suit up for this game just to show those B & B players some things" exclaimed Natalia. "Anyway, what does B & B stand for again? Babies & Beginners?" The B & B teammates had to hold Hobbs back. "He was ready to jump over an elderly grandmother to get to Alien's coach" stated Faust of B & B. "She's lucky we held him back." Although the Alien team brings the better record, the B & B crew have the momentum. B & B by 2.

Cup O Kryptonite Vs. 11 to 7 Insurance
The 3rd ever championship game if the Novice League is on the line. Two very strong teams come together in what will be a great game. "I respect Johnson and his team. They have done a fine job with their players and I hope to share a beverage with him after the game" mentioned Green of 11 to 7. Captain Johnson of Cup responded "That Green is alright. He is a swell guy & human being. I like to eat cereal on my back porch." Great point Matt! The key to this game will be great positioning, quick changes & shutting down the top scorers. Although Cup has a bit more firepower, I like 11 to 7 in a close one here to win the "Trainer's Cup" by 1.

Good Luck to All!

No comments: