Tuesday, March 11, 2008

And Then There Were 4.

Only 4 teams remain in the Quest for the coveted C League Boulevard Keg. The Wednesday night league has their championship game tomorrow and it matches up Legends Vs. Alien Mike. Our last poll survey had this as one of the top choices for a final game. Alien Mike has always shown flashes of greatness throughout the season and took their #6 seed and went on to beat Bearings & Alien Joe to get to the finals. Legends has always been strong throughout the season behind the solid goaltending of Davis. I predict a game that will likely be close. Each team will look to make no mistakes and try to get on the board early. I like Legends consistency, but I also like Alien Mike's unpredictability. Although the score will be close and it will be a defensive, low scoring affair, I take Alien Mike by 1.

Sunday pits Coca Cola/ Yankee Doodle Dandy Tattoo versus Waste Management. In an amazing win over the always feared Don's Auto, Waste Management looks to show no mercy on their future opponents. With a team loaded with firepower, Waste Management just needs to turn it on all at the same time. Each player will need to step up big to carry this momentum any further. A team like Coke/YDD is very strong offensively & defensively. Team chemistry is the strength of this group and they have only gotten better. Although momentum may look to be in Waste's favor, I feel 2 games in a row of upsets is a bit much. Coke/YDD experience will be too much too handle as Coke/YDD wins by 3.

The Final game that will pit the 2 league champs will be held on Wednesday, March 19th at 8:15 PM at MISF. Good Luck to all.

Oh, I guess there are consolation games going on as well. I will not bore your with details as these 4 teams stink and are playing for pride (and ice time & beer after the game).
Alien Joe by 2 over Irwins
Slapshot by 1 over Don's Auto

2 comments:

Dave said...

Joe,
I think your comment that the other 4 teams "stink" is wrong and in poor taste. The guys on those other 4 teams still have a good time. Just because they are not in a Championship game and as you said "just playing for ice time" is not way to help the league get more players.
You owe those 4 teams an appology.

alienhockey said...

Dave:
You must not be reading my blog very often, or do not understand the comical, sarcastic side of the blog.
1) I was on one of those teams that "stink".
2) All my blogs are done in fun.
3) My blog is for entertainment purposes only and to add a bit of fun & humor. Most of it is made up to begin with and I have said many things that were more "negative" than this post with no backlash or reason for apology.
4) As for me not wanting to grow the league or get more players, I cannot even justify a response to that one.

But even if 1 person was offended, I apologize.
Joe