Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Knot so smurt at pikking gamz

After going 2-1 last Wednesday, I thought I was on a roll.....wrong. Sunday brought financial disaster as it it now being known as "Black Sunday" due to the amount of people who counted on my picks to make some money.

I went 1-3 for Sunday picks (thanks to Coca/YDD I had 1 right and that was barely). I am taking a different approach and will pick opposite of what I really feel to see if this reverse psychology works. Here goes nothing...

Legends vs. Bearings
Injured (but still playing) captain Wente has his team ready to roll the second have of the season. He has put pressure on Lenhard, Anderson & Hodges to help carry the team. Jordan feels he shouldn't have to pull all the wait, while Hoeppner and Walters have both stated "play me or trade me". Erich Brus of Bearings spent an entire week working with Hoekstra. "He just doesn't know how to pass" stated Brus about his teammate who still has yet to get an assist. " I know he wants to win the scoring title, but, hello, there are 4 others on the ice." Bearings teammate, Mersberger was asked what he thought about the issues on his team and he replied "Any squirrel can eat acorns, but it takes an elephant to eat a peanut." Well said. Bearings by 2

Irwins vs Alien Joe
Van Patten & Close of Alien have vowed to not let the blue line trip them this game. "I'm tired of that stupid blue line" exclaimed Van Patten, "its not fair that its so long and wide". Teammates Topliff & Bafia are not on speaking terms, but are both looking to contribute this week to continue the winning streak. "If Joe thinks he's going to score more points than me, he's wrong...dead wrong" stated Topliff. Irwins on the other hand just realized that we were keeping standings and scores. " Its not fair. Anthan and Brown are smiling, laughing & joking during the games. How is it the goalie has more assists than they do?" asked goalie Brown. The Triple B line of Brandon, Brian & Bill from Irwins will each score in this one, but Alien wins by 2.

Plaza vs Alien Mike
"I'll pull the fire alarm across town then rob a bank" yelled Blomquist of Alien Mike. "The only way we have a chance is by getting the firefighters & police to get called away from the rink." Fellow Alien teammates Wheeler & Brown did not like that attitude. "Scott's doesn't speak for all of us." retaliated Wheeler. "Even with them gone, we still don't have a chance with Bast in net." Plaza captain Patava has decided to trade Tim Wermers & Tim Parkins. "We have 3 Tims on our team and I get really confused when someone yells that name." Good strategy Tim!
Alien Mike by 1

Play hard, play fair, play smart, play hockey.

No comments: